Re: Fedora Core 4 on Vmware help needed

bozidar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have been laboring with the installation of FC4 for the past 3 days on Vmware with ZERO success.
I have downloaded the FC4 DVD and CD ISO images, and verified the checksums.

I tried to install FC4 on Vmware virtual machine, using first on GSX Server, then on Workstation 4.5 and finally on Workstation 5.0. On all three platforms i get the same problems:

When using the DVD ISO image, the installer claims that there is no Installation CD
When using the CD ISO image, anaconda fails miserably with message "install exited abnormally"

I tried the following options on boot:
linux ide=nodma
linux noprobe
linux nofb
linux text

Nothing works.

Please, this is becoming truly ridiculous, especially since i have installed FC2, RHEL, WhiteBox Linux without any problems on all these vmware versions

To get fedora to install on my vm server I have to shut down all other machines on my server and do the install. Then all is well. Not sure and have called vm about it but no answer yet.

Bryan.