Re: Fedora Core 4 on Vmware help needed

Hi!

When using the DVD ISO image, the installer claims that there is no Installation CD
When using the CD ISO image, anaconda fails miserably with message "install exited abnormally"

I can not help you with this error messages but I have installed FC4 successfully on VMWare Workstation 5 with the following settings:

Custom Virtual Machine (Legacy Format)
Guest OS Linux (Red Hat Linux)
256 MB Memory
Bridged Networking
SCSI Adpater Buslogic
Virtual SCSI disc with 6GB preallocated & splitted in 2 GB Files
(I got an error with non preallocated discspace)

Then, I just mapped the CD ISO Images to the CD ROM drive and
got an installtion without any kernel options at startup.
No further problems ... :-)

Hope this will help you a little bit.

Wolfgang