Matrox Millenium G550 - good choice?

The time has come to replace my aging Matrox Millennium G200 AGP.  I've
been quite happy with it, so I'm considering the G550 as a replacement.

My priorities are:

  * Driver Stability

  * Open Source Driver - In addition to stability issues, I simply don't
    feel like subsidizing companies that are too lazy/stupid/whatever to
    release the specs for their hardware.

  * 2X AGP Support - My Abit VP6 motherboard supposedly supports 4X AGP,
    but I have no idea if it actually works.

  * 2D Performance - I don't really do anything 3D, so my top priority
    is a clear 2D picture on my old (analog-only) LCD monitor.

  * Price

  * 3D Capability - I'd still like to be able to run the occasional
    OpenGL screensaver.

  * DVI output & dual-head support - These will certainly be nice when
    the time comes to replace/augment my current analog-only LCD.

The G550 looks good in every department except price; at $125 it's a
bit more expensive than Nvidia- and ATI-based cards, and I suspect that
its 3D performance is quite a bit less impressive.

Given the priorities I mentioned about, is there a better option?

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher@xxxxxxxxxxx