Re: Thanks and sorry!

Rajev Mhasawade wrote:

Hi all,
First of all I am very sorry coz accidently i posted the msg
thrice.And thanks for ur replies.But seriously i feel really awkward
when asking ques like 'how do i repartition my logical
partition?(althought i m not sure of it yet) Arent there more ppl like
me who are literally starting linux from scratch?
But searching the archive seems to be the best idea.
Regards,
Rajev

Hi Rajev.

I am a busines man and not a computer professional. I moved to linux (FC3) back in Oct. 2004. This mailing list was my #1 best place for me to learn. I agree with what has been posted. Be VERY clear in what you are trying to do and what you see on the screen and people here will guide you and be helpful. I was very pleased. And yes the first time someone told me to use YUM I was like 'what does that mean' you have to read and read and not be scared to type into a command line from time to time and you will learn and grow.
have you looked at:
www.ferodorafaq.org
I found this site was helpful in getting started.
Have you installed FC3 yet?
http://www.fedora.us/ another good place for general reading.

Also ... I think using Fedora as your first install is a great choice due to all of the support and the ease of installation.

I remember that I posted here with what type of machine I was going to install on and that I was going to format the HD and I have 3 or 4 people recommend how big to make my swap and stuff.. and I took it all in.. and made my personal decision. Great help.
With all of that said.. it took me 2 solid weeks to get everything up and running exactly how I wanted it... how I am happy and NEVER use my windows box.. - (except to sync my ipod)