Re: Upgrading RH8 to FC3

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

The subject line says it all. I have an old RH8 server that I'd like to upgrade to FC3; trouble is, said server has about 10GB of music files sitting on the /home partition of hda. My thought is to pop in a second hard drive, mount it and copy all of the files in the /home partition to /dev/hdab, then wipe out hda and install FC3 fresh.

Before I embark on this, though, I need to know if this is a stupid plan. I know that simply popping in the FC3 disks and trying to do an upgrade is bound to be problematic.

That sounds completely reasonable, more so if you have your home partition in the server as part of the root filesystem...