Re: Upgrading RH8 to FC3

On 02/02/2005 07:28:02 PM, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
The subject line says it all.  I have an old RH8 server that I'd like
upgrade to FC3; trouble is, said server has about 10GB of music files
sitting
on the /home partition of hda.  My thought is to pop in a second hard
drive,
mount it and copy all of the files in the /home partition to
/dev/hdab, then
wipe out hda and install FC3 fresh.

Before I embark on this, though, I need to know if this is a stupid
plan.  I
know that simply popping in the FC3 disks and trying to do an upgrade
is
bound to be problematic.

That does sound reasonable.
If I were you, I would disconnect the second drive while doing the FC3 clean install just to avoid accidents.