Re: sendmail .forward file

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 03:22, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a small problem that I hope someone had a fix.
>
> I am running sendmail and dovecot on the Fedora 2 which seems to be
> running good. I have also verified that the
>
> FEATURE(redirect)  in sendmail.mc
>
> is uncommented but still I cannot seem to make a .forward file work from
> my users directories.
>
> Did I miss something in the configuration?

FEATURE(redirect) is nothing to do with .forward file operation. See
/usr/share/sendmail-cf/README for details.

Dot forward files may be ignored if they are not owned by the user or
root, or if the directory they are in or any directory above that is
writable by anybody other than the user or root. It might also be
ignored if there is a .procmailrc present in the user's home directory.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>