Re: UNACCEPTABLE in a List!!

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 14:37, David Cary Hart wrote:
>                              From:
> verify@xxxxxxxxx
>                                To:
> Fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx
>                           Subject:
> Verification required for
> jhun@xxxxxxxxxxx, protected by
> 0Spam.com.
>                              Date:
> Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:20:54 -0700
>
> ATTENTION!
> A message you recently sent to a 0Spam.com user with the subject
> "Follow-up on Evolution 2" was not delivered because they are using the
> 0Spam.com anti-spam service.  Please click the link below to confirm
> that this is not spam. When you confirm, this message and all future
> messages you send will automatically be accepted.
>
> http://www.0spam.com/verify.cgi?user=1096774532&verify=252907

Saw this start happening on another mailing list (PHP I think).  They
suspected over there that it was a spammer trying to collect valid email
addresses by getting people to go to the link.

Best options are to ignore them, create filter to auto delete them, get
the list admin to track down the subscriber and cancel their
subscription to the list.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

To be or not to be, that is the bottom line.