rhythmbox/gstreamer mp3 support

       Hello,

I'm trying to add mp3 support to rhythmbox/gstreamer in FC2 and was hoping someone on here could give me some guidance. So far I've done the following:

installed libmad and libmad-devel from rpm.livna.org
grabed the gstreamer-plugins.src.rpm and uncommented the libmad section in gstreamer-plugins.spec
then "rpmbuild -bb gstreamer-plugins.spec" followed by "rpm -Uvh gstreamer-plugins-0.8.1-3.rpm"
Rhythmbox still complains with the message, "there is no plugin installed to handle a MP3 file." I've searched google, mailing lists, and asked in #fedora but haven't found any answers. The gstreamer.spec and rhythmbox.spec didn't give me any clues either...
Thanks for your time.

--relaxed