applet doesn't load in mozilla/firefox

Hi,
    I created a small java applet which compiles perfectly. i.e

javac myfile.java-> myfile.class

and if I write a small index.html file  like this:

<applet code ="myfile.class"width = 700 height = 650>
</applet>

and do a appletviewer index.html, it loads perfectly. Very nice!

But when I load it w/ mozilla / my firefox browser, well out of luck it
doesn't load.. it just gives me a gray screen!

Even if I start my apache server and try to access my applet from a remote
computer, it still doesn't load remotely!

Any solution/fix? Thanks a lot.

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg /
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg