Re: Need help with rpmbuild

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Steve Blackwell <zephod@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have got my rpm to build successfully but now I have a dependency
> problem.
>
> My app depends on python so I have a
> Requires: python
> line in the .spec file. Python is installed on my target system but the
> python binary in located in /usr/bin as indicated by
> $ rpm -qil python
> When I try to install my rpm, it complains that it can't
> find /usr/local/bin/python.
>
> Any idea why my rpm is looking for python in all the wrong places?

It's not a rpmbuild problem but a problem with the program you're
building. The best practice solution is to put this[1] script in your
spec file to automatically replace the shebangs with "#!/usr/bin/env
python".

Depending on where the offending python scripts are located you may
have to adjust where it looks for scripts but it should do the trick.

Richard

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Packaging_Tricks#Remove_shebang_from_Python_libraries