Re: Need help with rpmbuild

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 07:58:02 -0400
Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2011 7:20 AM, "Steve Blackwell" <zephod@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ah, Thanks. That helped. Now I need to lookup the syntax of the
> > install macro.
>
> The install I'm referring to here is a normal command, not a macro.
> Use man install.

I have got my rpm to build successfully but now I have a dependency
problem.

My app depends on python so I have a
Requires: python
line in the .spec file. Python is installed on my target system but the
python binary in located in /usr/bin as indicated by
$ rpm -qil python
When I try to install my rpm, it complains that it can't
find /usr/local/bin/python.

Any idea why my rpm is looking for python in all the wrong places?

Thanks,
Steve

--
Changing lives one card at a time