Re: Problems after upgrading to F14

On 03/29/2011 12:10 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 03/29/2011 11:57 AM, JD wrote:
>> Upon reboot (into single  user mode),
>> I brought up the network - no problems there.
> First, I presume you meant you went from F 13 to F 14.  Second, did you
> actually boot into single-user mode (init 1) or simply a CLI instead of
> a GUI, which is init 3?  I ask because not only doesn't init 1 have the
> network up (Yes, I know you wrote that you brought it up.) it also
> doesn't have a completely functional system.  Among other things, the
> only partition mounted is /.  Depending on what level you were in, and
> how your system is partitioned, it might make a difference.  And, I must
> admit that I'm a tad concerned about why it took 14 hours for an upgrade
> from DVD.  Please let us know exactly what you did when you rebooted,
> because which init level you were in may well have made a difference.
I said:
I rebooted into single user mode.
I brought up the network without problems.
i.e., in single user mode I ran
service wpa_supplicant start
service network start
and I said: no problems there.
By no problems, I meant:
ping www.fedoraproject.com
worked just fine!!

Which init level?
I said I rebooted into single user mode!!
If you do not know how to do that, you need to read the wiki.