Re: Problems after upgrading to F14

On 03/29/2011 11:57 AM, JD wrote:
> Upon reboot (into single  user mode),
> I brought up the network - no problems there.

First, I presume you meant you went from F 13 to F 14.  Second, did you
actually boot into single-user mode (init 1) or simply a CLI instead of
a GUI, which is init 3?  I ask because not only doesn't init 1 have the
network up (Yes, I know you wrote that you brought it up.) it also
doesn't have a completely functional system.  Among other things, the
only partition mounted is /.  Depending on what level you were in, and
how your system is partitioned, it might make a difference.  And, I must
admit that I'm a tad concerned about why it took 14 hours for an upgrade
from DVD.  Please let us know exactly what you did when you rebooted,
because which init level you were in may well have made a difference.