Re: qemu update for fc13 broken?

Bill Davidsen wrote:

>>> I'm using qemu-kvm 0.14.0, and I have to run the command like this or
>>> neither the mouse or keyboard works:
>>>
>>> qemu-kvm -m 512 -hda svr.img -soundhw ac97 -k en-us -usbdevice tablet
>>>

>> Have not previously used the "tablet" option for console, only for VNC
>> operation. So if that solves the problem it will be new behavior (I'll take it
>> as workaround if it works, though).
>>
>> I'll report after I try it, been a long day.
>>

> Using the tablet option restores functionality, although it's not clear why
> anything was deliberately changed with the recent qemu update. I tested on a
> number of VMs, including the new Scientific Linux (similar to CentOS) release.
> Works perfectly, both the screen and the SL-6.0 release. Going on a few servers
> next week for "real testing."

This might be related. On my FC13 system, on 22 Mar, qemu went from

qemu-common-0.12.5-1.fc13.x86_64 to -> qemu-common-0.13.0-1.fc13.x86_64

After that update an XP vm no longer boots. Win 7 and Centos VM's are
fine. The XP vm was installed with the work-around of booting from an
iso image of the XP install disk and being allowed to time out and then
starting the system on the hard disk image. The XP install image will
boot and the XP repair option that appears early in the XP install
sequence can mount the disk. It's native fixmbr/fixboot commands don't help.

If I attach the xp vm's disk to the Win 7 vm all the files are visible.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.