Re: qemu update for fc13 broken?

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> compdoc wrote:
>>> Keyboard works, mouse doesn't.
>>> Does that give you any clues?
>>

>> I'm using qemu-kvm 0.14.0, and I have to run the command like this or
>> neither the mouse or keyboard works:
>>
>> qemu-kvm -m 512 -hda svr.img -soundhw ac97 -k en-us -usbdevice tablet
>>
> Have not previously used the "tablet" option for console, only for VNC
> operation. So if that solves the problem it will be new behavior (I'll take it
> as workaround if it works, though).
>
> I'll report after I try it, been a long day.

Using the tablet option restores functionality, although it's not clear why
anything was deliberately changed with the recent qemu update. I tested on a
number of VMs, including the new Scientific Linux (similar to CentOS) release.
Works perfectly, both the screen and the SL-6.0 release. Going on a few servers
next week for "real testing."

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>