Re: Virtual Box & Windows -

On 3/28/11, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>         I managed to create a grub.conf that works [a minor miracle].
>         However I am interested in this.
>
>         I don't see the "map" option in man grub?
>
>         Info grub is hard to deal with, copied it to info.txt which
>         produces 73 pages in an openoffice document using a font large
>         enough that I can see ...

Using info from emacs (C-h i) is very convenient (unless, of course,
that one finds emacs hard to deal with).

>         How do I use the "map" option?

Copied from the info file:

 -- Command: map to_drive from_drive
     Map the drive FROM_DRIVE to the drive TO_DRIVE. This is necessary
     when you chain-load some operating systems, such as DOS, if such
     an OS resides at a non-first drive. Here is an example:

          grub> map (hd0) (hd1)
          grub> map (hd1) (hd0)

     The example exchanges the order between the first hard disk and the
     second hard disk. See also DOS/Windows.

HTH,
Andras