Re: copy files from virtualbox -

On Sunday, March 27, 2011, Bob Goodwin wrote:

>         Therein lies my problem, sftp to where? How do I

> address the shared files in the virtual WindowsXP. I even

> copied them to a new directory under the "c" drive designation

> but I can't find the virtual files from here in F14.

>         It may be obvious but I don't see it, makes me feel

> dumb!

I just tried file-sharing setup between a virtual Win7 machine running in Virtual Box and my Fedora 14 host. It's relatively trivial to set up a share on your host machine. First, shut down the virtual machine, the XP vm in your case. Then, in the VirtualBox Manager window, for your machine, find the item that says "Shared Folders" - clicking on that will give you a wizard that will allow you to set up a shared folder on your Fedora machine that will be seen by your XP virtual machine the next time you run it. When you open up XP the next time, you should be able to open a Windows Explorer window and see the share in the list (in my Win7 Explorer window, the share appeared at the bottom of the tree that started with 'Computer')

So, that's one direction. If you want to be able to move files from your Fedora host to your Virtual XP machine, that's a different story - VNC could be a simple way to do this in addition to the other suggestions you've gotten

--

Claude Jones

Brunswick, MD, USA