Re: copy files from virtualbox -

On 03/27/2011 09:46 AM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> On 03/27/2011 09:27 AM, fred smith wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 08:58:18AM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>>          How can I access files downloaded in virtualbox/Windows from
>>>          Fedora 14?

 ..

> smb sharing (windows shares)?

> With KVM all you need to do is format a partition, virtual or physical,
> with a FAT file system and then mount that partition as the D: drive in
> the virtual machine. Write your files there.
>
> You can't have the partition mounted inside the VM and on Linux at the
> same time. If you choose to use the virtual file system you can mount it
> with loopback. If you use a physical partition you can use mount to
> mount the partition. Then copy your files on/off the FAT partition.
>
> I have not used virtual box so I don't know how, or if you can, mount a
> second partition on you VM. YMMV

 geez kvm is a bit messy ...

 several ways in vbox - simplest is straightforward access to any linux
directory on the local machine via clicking on Settings->Shared Folders
[1]

 Or as prev poster suggested via any network mount as well .. (local
machine or remote).

 g/

 [1] and you can happily access them on linux at the same time - and it
doesn't need to be part of a fat partition or anything :-)