Re: copy files from virtualbox -

On 03/27/2011 09:27 AM, fred smith wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 08:58:18AM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>          How can I access files downloaded in virtualbox/Windows from
>>          Fedora 14?
>>
>>          I a normal dual boot installation it's easy enough but I haven't
>>          found a way to do it with vbox. Perhaps it can't be done?
>>
>>          Bob
>>          --
> scp?
> sftp?
> smb sharing (windows shares)?

With KVM all you need to do is format a partition, virtual or physical,
with a FAT file system and then mount that partition as the D: drive in
the virtual machine. Write your files there.

You can't have the partition mounted inside the VM and on Linux at the
same time. If you choose to use the virtual file system you can mount it
with loopback. If you use a physical partition you can use mount to
mount the partition. Then copy your files on/off the FAT partition.

I have not used virtual box so I don't know how, or if you can, mount a
second partition on you VM. YMMV

--
    °v°
   /(_)\
    ^ ^  Mark LaPierre
Registerd Linux user No #267004
www.counter.li.org
****
In a free world without fences, who needs gates.
**
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today.
**
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it.
To mess up an MS Windows box, you just need to *look* at it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****