Re: Thunderbird tree grouping mode

On 25/03/2011 20:42 Kevin J. Cummings ha scritto:

> When you see the summary page of the unread messages in the thread, you
> should be able to click on each message sender to see their message and
> implicitly expand the "tree" as you call it....

No, clicking on the sender does nothing.

> Also, in the inbox summary list, I can also click on the triangle in the
> Subject: column and it will both expand the thread list and preview the
> first message in the thread.

Not working here.

All you said works for most of the grouped discussions, few discussions
however are "locked" there is no way to expand the messages or click
anywhere to have some kind of result. Your message, for example, is
displayed in such a locked tree, the funny thing is that the summary
displays two messages from you, it doesn't list my first message.

> I am running 3.1.9 thunderbird from F14.  You are running F10, and old,
> out-of-date, and unsupported release.  There is no guarantee that the
> necessary support libraries are installed on your old system.  Nothing
> older than F13 is still supported (receiving updates from Fedora).
> Upgrade if you can.  I sometimes run a release past the end of its
> support cycle, but I upgraded my last F10 system to F11, and then F13 a
> long time ago....

I know it is an old and unsupported release, it took time to configure
it to my needs and I'm too lazy to install a new version and do all the
configurations again.

Oh well, maybe it is just something too old here, I can live with
thunderbird 2 for my needs. Sometimes in the future I'll do a full update.

Regards,
Marco.