Re: Thunderbird tree grouping mode

On 03/25/2011 11:34 AM, Marco Maccaferri wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have recently installed thunderbird 3.1.9 from Remi repository on
> Fedora 10 x86/64. It is configured to group discussions as a tree, it
> works but sometimes it display a discussion collapsed (only one row in
> the message list) and there is no way to expand it. Click on it displays
> a summary of all messages, clicking on the arrow does nothing. Clicking
> anywhere on the summary does nothing. In short there is no way to see
> the actual messages.

When you see the summary page of the unread messages in the thread, you
should be able to click on each message sender to see their message and
implicitly expand the "tree" as you call it....

Here is what the next collapsed thread in my inbox looks like in the
summary page:

> bridged networking setup (4 messages)
>
> Neal Becker                                                06:45 AM

> compdoc                                                    10:29 AM

> Neal Becker                                                11:17 AM

> compdoc                                                     11:38 AM

>             These messages take up: 20.5 KB.

All I need to do is click on one of the "Neal Becker" or "compdoc"s to
be able to expand the discussion and read the individual message.

Also, in the inbox summary list, I can also click on the triangle in the
Subject: column and it will both expand the thread list and preview the
first message in the thread.

I am running 3.1.9 thunderbird from F14.  You are running F10, and old,
out-of-date, and unsupported release.  There is no guarantee that the
necessary support libraries are installed on your old system.  Nothing
older than F13 is still supported (receiving updates from Fedora).
Upgrade if you can.  I sometimes run a release past the end of its
support cycle, but I upgraded my last F10 system to F11, and then F13 a
long time ago....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxxxxxx