Re: External HDD auto-mounted as root

On 03/26/2011 11:37 AM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just bought a 1TB WD Passport. It came formatted as NTFS, on plugging
> it in, it auto-mounted as the regular user. But after I formatted it to
> use ext4 (with gparted), it keeps getting auto-mounted as root both on
> F13 and F14. Any ideas what I could do about this?

I've not done this in a while...and certainly not with having the drive
auto-mounted (habit, no other reason).

But, since my system is a single user system I've always just cd to
/media or /mnt and then just chown myuid:mygroup mntpoint after doing
the mkfs and after mounting it the first time.

Since my external drives were all ext3 they just come up as being owned
my me from that point on.

--
A CONS is an object which cares. -- Bernie Greenberg. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台
北市八德路四段