Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

On 03/19/2011 10:30 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 03/19/2011 05:35 PM, JB wrote:
So, I am wondering if Fedora takes into consideration providing GNOME 2 as
well (in parallel) with F15 and for some time beyond ?
Is there any official statement by Fedora with regard to that ?
No plans to provide older versions.  You can use one of the following
things:

* Fallback mode which runs Metacity and GNOME Panel.  You can force this
setting even if your system is capable of running GNOME Shell.
Otherwise it is only enabled in systems which are not capable
Let's hope Fallback mode isn't complete yet then. I have never liked the main-menu-at-the-top arrangement with a top and bottom panel (These damn 16:9 screens don't have enough vertical resolution to begin with!), I use a single bottom panel, and I don't mind modifying things to accomplish it. I *do* very much mind having that option removed completely.
* Switch to Xfce.  Which can be configured to look and feel identical to
GNOME 2.x or try KDE or whatever
Interesting. I have not looked at Xfce in a very, very long time.

* Not upgrade and see if a future revision is more palatable to you
It may come to that.