Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes but if changes are so radical -like Unity on Ubuntu- Fedora could
> very well decide to include both Gnome 3 *and* continue maintaining
> Gnome 2.x at the latest level, issuing fixes, even if the gnome team
> decides to stop the 2.x branch.
>
> Just like XFCE is included.

I think you are missing the point. Packaging a desktop environment
when the upstream has deprecated it and packaging an alternate desktop
environment like XFCE which is niche but very active are very
different things in terms of effort. Try building a patched version of
a reasonably complicated package group, you will see it for yourself.

And FYI, I am a full time XFCE user for 2 years now. I am only
interested in Gnome because changes in some of their cross desktop
applets are affecting XFCE. (e.g. nm-applet and packagekit update
icon)

--
Suvayu