Re: CDROM to flash drive -

On 18/03/11 16:00, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 03/18/2011 12:43 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>           Perhaps someone can put me on the right track. I will provide
>>           more details if required.
> Try installing and using pyRenamer.  (I think it's in the standard
> repos)  It's a bulk file renamer.  Using it, you can append 01_ to the
> name of each file in the first directory, 02_ to all in the second and
> so on.  That will keep them sorted in the order you want.
>
> I use it, BTW, in the exact opposite way, taking the numbers off of file
> names.  If you've ever ripped a commercial audio CD, you'll see those
> numbers appended to the names so that the tracks are in the correct
> order, regardless of their names.  I get rid of the numbers, then load
> them onto my .mp3 player so that the files from different CDs get well
> mixed.

        I think rename might do it. Will give that a try.

        Yes, I want to put all the tracks in one directory. Initially,
        in early February, when I first got involved, I was able to
        download 84 lectures at once and simply put them on a thumb
        drive or iPod. Worked slick, but now they've screwed up the
        system and shut out a whole class of customers, "The Teaching
        Company, www.teach12.com." I can download samples fine but their
        new security system "download manager" prevents the download
        even after I have logged in?

        Thanks Joe and Kevin.