Re: Tiff Readers from Fedora 5 versas Fedora 14 scanned from a Toshiba 350/550 scanner

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> List,
>
> I have been trying to debug a problem related to some scanned *.tif
> files by a Toshiba 350 and 550 copier scanner.  We are copying this tif
> files from each of the copiers/scanners windows shared directory and
> then porting them to our fax.
>
> In testing this software I noticed the tiff reader on Fedora 14 would
> about 40 to 60 % of the time would display a corrupted image.  I thought
> it was related to the Toshiba copiers/scanners.  However, I discovered
> that these same files are read easily by tiff readers on Fedora 5.  I
> also determined that when these same tif files are faxed using vsifax
> they are ok.

When you the "same files", do you mean both the F14 and F5 systems
are looking at the same physical file (perhaps via NFS), or that each
system has its own copy.  If the latter, could it be a disk corruption
problem?

--
Dale Dellutri