Re: Thunderbird Misbehaviour f14

On 03/09/2011 06:26 PM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

>> I've just taken the plunge with a f14 upgrade.  Almost everything seems sensible.  One
>> rather annoying oddity is the behaviour of thunderbird with links in emails.  It
>> detects that they are links (by colouring them and the cursor change on mouse-over)
>> but when I click, nothing happens.  I opened the thunderbird error console and it
>> seems to be generating some kind of chrome error.  Any clues as to what this might
>> be and how I get to work properly?
> Check your preferred applications and make sure that your preferred
> browser is properly configured....and that Thunderbird knows about it.

I can't even use the Thunderbird Hehlp system to find out how to do this.
Pressing F1 (or selecting it from the menu) displays in the Error Console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIExternalProtocolService.loadURI]"  nsresult:
"0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://messenger/content/mailCore.js :: openFormattedURL :: line 427"  data: no]

Jonathan