X won't start - segmentations fault

     Hello,

  Since this morning, X Windows on F14 on my Dell Latitude D820 laptop
won't start up. It may or may not be since the first reboot after the
latest updates during Sunday.

  It says "Segmentation fault at address 0x3f"

  I don't know whether it plays a role here, but in the log file, it
also says that "Custom HAL configuration [...] If you have such
configuration you will need to update it to the new format." with
reference to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Input_device_configuration.
I have no idea what HAL is, and even after reading this page, I still
have no idea whether this applies to me or what I would need to do if
it does.

  What can I do? Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Systems Biology Linker at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/sybil)