Re: Frequent paging

Hi,

JB:

I have tried using iotop before, I didn't see anything out of the
ordinary.

Ranjan:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:11:42 -0500
Ranjan Maitra <maitra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > There were memory leaks in evince, I don't know if they got fixed.
> > One problem I saw was, if you zoomed in then out then in, the
> > memory foot print would increase.
>
> I agree that epdfview is not something that has a lot of features, but
> I have found it to be very lightweight and reasonably good for my
> needs. You could try that instead of evince: of course, it is not
> clear if that is causing or will solve your problem.

I tried out epdfview. Seems workable except for one thing. I am rather
accustomed to not needing to reload the pdf in evince when it changes
on disk. Since I'm working on a constantly changing document, I need
that rather frequently. I think I'll use auto-revert-mode with
docview-mode in emacs for now. If evince is the real source of the
paging problem this should make it apparent in a day or two.

> Hope this helps! Good luck with your dissertation!

Thanks a lot. :)

--
Suvayu