Re: oovoo.com

On 3/13/11 1:07 PM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> On 13 March 2011 18:13, Gregory P. Ennis<PoMec@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I was asked to assist connecting a Fedora linux system for video
>> conferencing with oovoo.com.  It is apparent that they support Mac and
>> Windows.
>>
>> Does anyone have any experience in using the Mac installation for oovoo
>> for Fedora?  Can anyone make recommendations for connections that allow
>> video conferencing with Fedora.
> It appears that this is a compiled package. It is extremely unlikely
> that the Mac package will simply "run" on Linux.
>
> You may have better milage running the Windows version under Wine.

Gregory:

Please do two things:

One, strip off the signatures for those of us using the mailing list.
Two, please run the Windows version from terminal using the command
line.  Instructions are at: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal

Please advise what happens after you attempt to login to oovoo.com

Thank you.

James McKenzie
----------------------

James,

Sorry about the signature... thought I had removed it.  Thank you for
your assistance!!!!

I tried using wine from the command line in a terminal setting by
getting in the directory :

/home/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/ooVoo

and then executing

wine start ooVoo.exe

This results in having the ooVoo login screen generated on the desktop,
but when a login is attempted it fails.  I have tested the login name
and password on a Windows 7 machine and am able to gain access without
difficulty.

The ooVoo login screen also allows you to request a new account; when I
tried to set up a new account using the terminal access as well as the
gui access on the desktop both methods do not allow me to set up an
account.  The Windows 7 machine did allow me to set up an account.

Any other ideas?

Greg