Re: oovoo.com

On 13 March 2011 18:13, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I was asked to assist connecting a Fedora linux system for video
> conferencing with oovoo.com.  It is apparent that they support Mac and
> Windows.
>
> Does anyone have any experience in using the Mac installation for oovoo
> for Fedora?  Can anyone make recommendations for connections that allow
> video conferencing with Fedora.

It appears that this is a compiled package. It is extremely unlikely
that the Mac package will simply "run" on Linux.

You may have better milage running the Windows version under Wine.

--
Sam

Sam,

I tried using the windows version with wine, but was not able to get
past the login authentication of oovoo.com.

Do you know of different video conference methods for Fedora, or will I
have to break down and purchase an MS Windows machine.

Greg