Re: Printing from WinXP machine to a F14 machine.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:52:08 -0600
Aaron Konstam wrote:

> In the XP documentation you are supposed to able to browse for printers
> in the add printer GUI but none is found by my XP.

I've never seen browsing IPP work, but if I explicitly add an IPP printer
I happen to know exists on the network, I can print from XP fine to
my fedora box (where the printer is attached).

Browsing printers exported via samba works on XP, but about fedora 10
or 12 actually printing stopped working via samba. Rather than figure out what
was wrong, I switched to printing via IPP.