Re: Packages remaining after upgrade

Hi,

>> I've just upgraded from fc13 to fc14, and I've noticed there are
>> multitudes of packages remaining not only from fc13, but even from
>> fc12.
>
> That's quite normal for reasons others have stated but do run yum
> distro-sync.  That should fix any package versioning issues

Thanks everyone for your comments, including about the packages not
having actually been updated and therefore no later version exists.

That was my exact concern. I realize if there are no package changes
it doesn't need to be updated; I was just concerned that after the
upgrade (including distro-sync), there were still such old packages. I
would have expected at least a "build world" kind of thing when
releasing the new version, just so all the versions are in sync.

Thanks,
Alex