Packages remaining after upgrade

Hi,

I've just upgraded from fc13 to fc14, and I've noticed there are
multitudes of packages remaining not only from fc13, but even from
fc12.

I'm sure some of them just haven't been updated, but I had a problem
with the recent upgrade, and I'm concerned there may be some lingering
problems.

For example, has expat really not been upgraded since fc13? I have a
100 packages from fc12 still installed. Is that normal? This includes
libXaw, lzo, smp_utils, which, xorg-x11-xauth, mozilla-filesystem,
among others.

Is fc12 even still supported?

Thanks for any ideas.
Best,