Re: Packages remaining after upgrade

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 18:17 -0500, Alex wrote:
> For example, has expat really not been upgraded since fc13? I have a
> 100 packages from fc12 still installed. Is that normal? This includes
> libXaw, lzo, smp_utils, which, xorg-x11-xauth, mozilla-filesystem,
> among others.
>
> Is fc12 even still supported?

It doesn't matter if a package hasn't been recompiled from previous
releases, even if that release is out-of-date.  If there's been no
actual updates to the program, because there hasn't needed to be, then
the last compiled version is used.

If an update does get released, then you can expect that package to
change from being some fc12 package to having the current Fedora release
number in the package name.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686