Re: copy file

On 04/03/11 06:42, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 19:42 -0500, Vincent wrote:
>> What is the correct way to copy a file or directory to another
>> directory? In the past I was able to use press the mouse left and
>> right button, it didn't work all the time hard to press the two
>> buttons at the same time.
> This has nothing to do with copying files as such. The "press two
> buttons" trick is used when you have a two-button mouse and want to
> simulate pressing a (non-existent) middle button, which is a
> conventional way to paste text from the X copy buffer.
>
> Check your X settings, specifically the mouse. You don't say what
> desktop you're using so instructions will vary.
>
> poc

When I asked this question several weeks ago I received the following
[from my notes] which corrects the problem for me.:

    Copy/Paste F-14 -

    On 09/11/10 16:54, Gordon Messmer wrote:

     > Are you trying to make a synthetic button 2 using simultaneous
    clicks with the left and right mouse button?  If so:

     > """Add this:
     >
     > Section "InputClass"
     >       Identifier "whatever"
     >       MatchIsPointer "on"
     >       Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
     > EndSection
     >
     > to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf (or any Xorg conf you
    want) and you will again have middle click emulation. I don't know
    if this will solve your problem regarding your actual middle button."""
     >    - https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=847309#p847309

Bob