Re: HOW to REDIRECT to HTTPS?

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 05:03:53 -0800,
  erikmccaskey64 <erikmccaskey64@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm searching for a method [on client side] to redirect to HTTPS in a few given domains.

> Ok. I use several webbrowsers, and not all of them has "add-ons" to redirect these pages to https.

The simplest answer is probably to use firefox most of the time with the
htttps everywhere plugin. And when you need to use other browsers, use
https manually.

> Is this possible?? How can i achieve it? How can i automatically redirect http traffic for given domain names to HTTPS??

You could probably do this with an outbound proxy, but I don't know that
getting the fallback feature of https everywhere to work will be easy.
Probably sites that don't provide https alternatives will just fail.
I am not sure which proxy server would be the easiest to use for this.