Re: fc8 upgrade

On 02/24/2011 02:13 AM, Jorgen Lundman wrote:
> Then I ran preupgrade, I went straight for fc14. I was told that my /boot was
> too small. Of course it is! Still, it did say something about downloading it
> after reboot. Plus one for fc there.

If you had bothered to do your homework, you would have known that there
have been so many changes since F8 that upgrading that far is almost
guaranteed to fail.  Your best bet, once you've let your system get so
hopelessly out of date is to back up what you need, nuke your old
system, install from scratch and restore your data.  If you're going to
use a rapidly-changing distro like Fedora you need to keep it up to date
if you don't want to suffer the consequences of being several years
behind the curve.