Re: grub-install problem -

On 23/02/11 17:08, g wrote:
> On 02/23/2011 09:49 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> I've moved some drives around, trying to get F-14 and Win XP to dual
>> boot. Started with a working F14. Added a third drive that had XP
>> already installed, had to put it in the first slot or Windows refused to
>> boot. Now only Windows boots.
>>
>>   From Linux rescue:
>>
>> sh-4.1# grub-install /dev/sda
>> /dev/sdc2 does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.
>>
>> I don't have the slightest idea what that is trying to tell  me?
> did you reconfigure your drive settings in they bios?
>
> interrupt boot, press<delete>  key during boot to enter bios settings.

    I haven't been able to find anything in bios to change the order of
    the hard drives. It's simply cdrom, floppy, hard drives. Maybe I'm
    missing something but I've gone through it a couple of times?

    And I can't ssh into it to copy files, have to copy manually to this
    second computer.

    I'm using the Linux rescue on the install DVD to make changes,
    probably have grub messed up. I have the original saved tho.

    Bob