Re: grub-install problem -

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 16:49 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I've moved some drives around, trying to get F-14 and Win XP to dual
> boot. Started with a working F14. Added a third drive that had XP
> already installed, had to put it in the first slot or Windows refused to
> boot. Now only Windows boots.
>
>  From Linux rescue:
>
> sh-4.1# grub-install /dev/sda
> /dev/sdc2 does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.
>
> I don't have the slightest idea what that is trying to tell  me?
>
> Help!
>
> Bob
>
> --

I can't tell from your posting. When you issued the grub-install cammand
did you previously mount the partition that contained the boot directory
and ran the grub-install from there. Really you need to have the F14
partition with /sbin mounted also if that is a different partition that
the one holding the boot directory and run it from that partition.