Re: Trouble Installing Fedora 14 on VMware 7.1.3

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Chris Kottaridis
<chriskot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have VMWorkstation 7.1.3 installed on my Windows 7 box and a Fedora
> Core 14 box. When I try to create a VM machine and install Fedora 14
> X86_64 I get the following error:
>
>>The following problem occurred on line 65 of kickstart file:
>>
>>Section does not end with %%end
>
> I have used this DVD to install Fedora 14 X86_64 on a real host with no
> problem. I am pretty sure this was the DVD I used to install Fedora 14
> x86_64 on the host I am sending this email from and trying to install a
> Fedora Guest OS on since it's the only Fedora 14 X86_64 DVD I have
> around and I am definitely running Fedora 14 x86_64 on this host.
>
> $ cat /etc/redhat-release
> Fedora release 14 (Laughlin)
>
> I have this same problem whether my host is a Fedora 14 or Windows 7.
>
> Has anyone run into this before ?
>
> Any pointers or suggestions appreciated.

Not a pointer and don't know if it's any help.  VMWare Freeware (I get
tired of their marketing names), not the Workstation, installed Fedora
14 for me just fine under Vista.  I think I built the machine from an
iso image and not from a physical disk.  The relevant software is all
free from VMWare.  Once the machine is built, I'd imagine that
Workstation would run it, but who knows.

Robert.