Re: Playing .mov files in Fedora

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Jim <binarynut@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/18/2011 09:16 PM, edik landave wrote:
> You can play them using Xine or Kaffeine. Just need to get the right
> plug-ins for it. For *.mov files I think you need mainly the
> libquickttime&  the win32 plugins from the xine web site (just google
> it) This are the stuff I do for many years to make Xine&  Kaffeine
> work flawlesly:
>
> yum install libdca
> yum install libdvbpsi
> yum install libdvdcss
> yum install libdvdnav
> yum install libdvdplay
> yum install lsdvd
> yum install lame
> yum install libfame
> yum install libmad
> yum install libmms
> yum install libmpeg3-devel
> yum install faad2
> yum install faac
> yum install imlib2
> yum install gsm
> yum install xvidcore
> yum install libmpcdec
> yum install aalib
> yum install x264
> yum install ffmpeg
> yum install libquicktime
> yum install libmodplug
> yum install libcdio
> yum install vcdimager
> yum install xine-lib-extras-freeworld
>
> #Finally: I downloaded "essential" from
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html
> unpacked inside /usr/lib and renamed win32 (/usr/lib/win32)
> cp ~elandave/Download/essential-20061022.tar.bz2 /usr/lib/.
> cd /usr/lib
> rm -f essential-20061022.tar.bz2
> mv essential-20061022/ win32
> ls -lZ win32
> sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync;sync
>
> #you can fail with this :)
>

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Jim<binarynut@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Fedora 14 /KDE
>>
>> I have video.mov file I want to play in Fedora.
>>
>> MoviePlayer, VLC, Xine, DragonPlayer will not play it, how can I Convert
>> to another format , using what App ?
>>
>> I have used Autoten to Download All Codecs .
>> --

I have all the dependency files above installed and I ran from the
terminal  xine battleofmajrah.mov  and the xine-gui open up but the
command just froze in terminal, no error outputs.

I have downloaded these numerous *.mov files from Frostwire but they
just won't run in fedora 14 .
--

Also check ~/.xsession-errors
there might be som error messages there.