Re: [Bulk] Re: gnote -- Am I the only one ?

Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 12:13 -0500, William Case wrote:
>>
>> I went back and re-tried using the Linux copy&  paste.  I found the
>> following.  On my bigger writing programs like Write and Evolution
>> --compose the select and paste works the way I am used to.  On text
>> writing programs like gedit and gnote it doesn't.
>
> I've found traditional *ix middle-mouse cut and paste to be variable
> whether it's going to work on programs like Evolution or OpenOffice.org.
> Usually, it won't paste what's been copied, less frequently it will.
>
> For programs, like them, I have to resort to hotkeys or right-click for
> the menu with copy in it, right-click for the menu with paste in it.

Highlight, then ^C or Shift^C as appropriate, then Shift^V in the offending
destination program. Or just right click, and use menu copy and paste, which
seems to work well but pastes at the text insert location vs. the cursor pointer
location for many apps.

Whatever works...

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>