Re: How to get scancodes from mouse buttons?

On 02/14/2011 11:04 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Other than Xev, Xbindkeys, and Showkey, what tools can I use? I
> specifically bought this mouse because of the location of the two
> extra keys, as I have a manual disability and cannot use the special
> keys of regular mice.

Just to double-check.  Does the mouse work under Windows?  If so, that
eliminates any questions about hardware issues.  Have you asked the OEM?
  They may say that they don't support Linux, but you might be able to
pry some info out of them by explaining that you're not asking them to
help you configure it, you just need the tech data so you can do it
yourself.  (Offering to share how you did it with them might not be a
bad idea and might even get you more help from them.)

Good luck, and keep us informed.