Re: "why is my Linux so damn slow?"

On 02/12/2011 12:56 PM, M. Fioretti wrote:
> Oh, you mean doing this trick:
>
> http://www.gettingclever.com/2008/06/vacuum-your-firefox-3.html
>
> Cool, thanks, I didn't know that. Man, it would be really ironic if
> after years making fun of Windows because it needs defragmenting to
> run faster, it turns out you have to defragment Firefox to keep Linux
> fast...

Get BleachBit, and have it install the Administrator mode.  Then, with
Firefox closed, run BleachBit and have it do all of that stuph for you.
  The Administrator mode lets you do things that need root access.
Personally, I run both just before every reboot on my desktop, but then,
I only reboot for kernel updates and only shut down for hardware issues
or power failures.  Last time I rebooted was after 24 days of uptime
since upgrading to Fedora 14.  (My sister uses Ubuntu and currently has
over 70 days of uptime.)