Re: Things are getting really messed up on Fedora 14

On 02/08/2011 10:39 AM, les wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 23:25 +0000, g wrote:
<>

>> did your your 'user.js' get picked up by 'prefs.js'?
>
> Yes, apparently it did.  Not just that, but it appeared to reset the
> selection in prefs.js.

reset in 'prefs.js' or reset in 'user.js'?

excuse my laziness, i am going to ask and not read back thru your post
to see if you stated such.

from "menu bar", select "edit > preferences > general".

with these settings;

   When Firefox starts  [ Show my home page ]

   Home Page   [ http://www.google.com/index.html ]

if this is what you do and it does not hold, try putting this into your
'user.js';

user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.google.com/index.html";);
user_pref("browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone", "rv:1.9.2.13");

then make 'user.js' read only, ie;

   chmod 440 user.js

if that does not work, open 'prefs.js' and search for 'homepage'. if it
is different, change to above.

if there is no 'homepage', insert above, in alphabetical order of what
is listed under "user_pref("browser."

*if* that fails, last resort would be to create a local 'homepage' and
put it in a 'redirect' to change to google.

hth.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,