Re: Things are getting really messed up on Fedora 14

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 23:25 +0000, g wrote:
> On 02/07/2011 11:46 AM, les wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 17:07 +0000, g wrote:
> <>
> >> on a curious side, if not deleted, what is in user.js?
> >
> > I use Southern California Bell, so originally it pointed to
> > sbc.yahoo.com i.e. "http://www.sbc.yahoo.com";.  SBC seems to have lots
> > of adware these days, so I wanted to change to use Googles simple search
> > page, "http://www.google.com";.  Not a big deal, but annoying when I
> > couldn't get it to change using preferences.
>
> interesting.
>
> did your your 'user.js' get picked up by 'prefs.js'?

Yes, apparently it did.  Not just that, but it appeared to reset the
selection in prefs.js.  I could set the preferences, check that clicking
home took me to google, close firefox, re-open firefox, and home would
be sbc.yahoo.com again.  It did not matter how you tried to change the
home location in firefox (dropping the icon on home, going to google and
selecting current page, hand editing the preferences box, etc.)

Regards,
Les H