Re: Installation Impressions

On 5 February 2011 20:53, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>> Ugh. So I have hundreds of free GBs in my LVM VGs, but I won't be able
>>> to install Fedora? Is there no way around this?
>>
>> Well you have two options I think,
>>
>> 1. the obvious first, resize your LVMs to free 500 MB and use it as
>>    /boot
>
> JFTR, unfortunately PVs cannot be made smaller. The whole idea of LVM is
> to do all the resize operations *within* the containers.

JFTR, unfortunately, you'll need to raise a bug against the  pvresize
manpage then...

http://linux.die.net/man/8/pvresize

---
Shrink the PV on /dev/sda1 prior to shrinking the partition with fdisk
(ensure that the PV size is appropriate for your intended new
partition size):

pvresize --setphysicalvolumesize 40G /dev/sda1
---

When filing the report, please state why your assertion "for the
record" is correct over the maintainer's.

--
Sam