RE: zfs works in fedora

>ls zfs working in fedora?  Can you share?

Last night, I installed zfs on fedora 14 as shown on  http://zfsonlinux.org/
. You have to download the files and create & install rpms. Not too hard,
but not simple.

After installation, I shared the zfs volume using samba, and copied several
large files over my network, (1 to 4 gigabytes each) and I was very happy
with the write performance.

A few months ago, I tried installing ZFS-FUSE on centos 5.5 and the write
performance was very poor. However, it worked a little nicer when creating
pools with zpool.

In the end, if you must use zfs I think it's best to make and install the
rpms from zfsonlinux.org, but use yum to install the rpms or yum will
complain.

I think I'm going to stick with the ext4 file system for my own servers...